2.0 Stage of Development (Rule Oriented)
Leaders experiencing this stage tend to have these gifts:
- "It's all about we".
- Understand that others can see and know things you don't.
- Know that others "seeing you back" in a concrete sense
- Understand that in order to learn what others see, you need to communicate "with"
- Thus, they want to make friends
- Have a beginning sense of trust and of fairness.
- Experience that we can love and care for each other.
- Accept basic feedback by making comparisons, self to other, other to self.
- Can make agreements with others
Leaders experiencing this stage tend to have these Challenges
- Are often unable to remember agreements consistently.
- Exist in the "now". Memory that supports good decisions often fades in the moment.
- They struggle between doing what they want, and wanting to be told what to do.
- Reciprocity may go both ways, "You and me" and "an eye for an eye".
- They have difficulty with prioritizing rules - consequences may be the same for every error.
Rule Oriented Tools: Interior senses: visualization, talking to self; reciprocity