Refer-a-Friend Program Instructions
Thank you for your interest in our Refer-a-Friend Program! We are fortunate that many new students are referred by friends or colleagues who’ve already taken one of our courses. So we’ve created this Refer-a-Friend Program as a way to reward and encourage word of mouth referrals.
Using the tools on the My Referrals Dashboard page (which is accessed from your My Account page), you can invite friends via email and social media, sharing with them a unique link that will give them a $75 discount coupon when they register for our current online course. After your friend registers, you will receive a discount coupon for $25 that you can apply to a future online course. (If you would like to use your discount coupons for the current course, see below for details.) The My Referrals Dashboard page also allows you to track your referrals and earned discount coupons.
The Refer-a-Friend Program is open to anyone who has taken an online course with us but does have a few limitations:
- You can’t refer yourself
- Those you refer must be new customers; they cannot have previously taken an online course with us
- Refer-a-Friend discount coupons cannot be used in conjunction with other discount coupons we may be offering
Your My Referrals Dashboard has three ways you can invite friends and colleagues:
1. “My Referrals” Link: This option is best if you want to invite more than several people or if you want your invitations to be more personal.
2. Social Media Share: This option is best if you want to share your discount with all of your social media followers.
3. “Send Email” Button: This option is best if you want to quickly invite several friends by email but don’t want to send individual emails from your email application.
This option is best if you want to invite more than several people or if you want your invitations to be more personal. It allows you to share a discount coupon in the form of a special link that will automatically apply a $75 discount when your friend registers.
1. Compose a new email in your email application and add as many friends and colleagues as you’d like.
2. Create a subject line (for example, “I can get you a discount on this online course”)
3. Write a message inviting your friend to find out about the course and the discount they can get from you. Here is some text you can copy and paste and adapt:
I’d like to let you know about a new online course you may be interested in, STAGES Essentials for Psychotherapy & Coaching, taught by Terri O’Fallon PhD and Kim Barta MA. I recently took one of Terri’s and Kim’s online courses, and it was a great experience. The STAGES model is a fantastic approach to human development and Terri and Kim are wonderful teachers.
STAGES Essentials for Psychotherapy & Coaching is an 8-week online course that will give you a solid grounding in the STAGES model and its application to your therapy or coaching practice. I recommend that you check it out, which you can do here:
[insert your link here]
Also, if you click on this link to register, you’ll get a $75 discount off the regular prices of the course. The discount will be automatically applied during the payment process. But you have to use this link to get the discount.
I hope you find this helpful!
4. On the My Referrals Dashboard page, copy your unique discount coupon link and paste it into the email where it says [insert your link here].
5. Send the email.
This option is best if you want to share your discount with all of your social media followers. Click on the social media platform of your choice and write a short note, or adapt this suggested text:
I thought you might be interested in a new online course, STAGES Essentials for Psychotherapy & Coaching, taught by Terri O’Fallon PhD and Kim Barta MA. I recently took one of Terri’s and Kim’s online courses, and it was a great experience. And you can get a $75 discount if you click through to the course registration page from this post. Hope this is helpful!
For Facebook and Twitter, your referral link is inserted automatically into the post. Don’t insert your referral link into your post text or it will disable the referral function and we will not be able to track your discount.
For Google+, your link is not automatically added so you’ll need to paste it in yourself, along with your message.
This option is best if you want to quickly invite several friends by email. It lets you send invitations that come from your email address, using the text shown above in social media sharing. Simply enter an email address in one or both windows and click “Send Email.” Empty windows will appear as you enter email addresses, allowing to you to send as many emails as you like.
Using Your Discount Coupons
Each time one of your friends or colleagues registers for an online course using your referral link, you will receive a discount coupon for $25. All of the coupons you’ve earned will be listed on the My Referrals Dashboard page, and are valid for two years from the date of issuance. All coupons will be automatically applied during the payment process, to any future online course for which you register, up to, but not exceeding, the amount of the course price. Partially applied coupons will be considered fully used.
Our Refer-a-Friend Program is primarily intended to reward you with discounts that you can apply to a future online course. However, we will allow you to apply them to the current course as follows:
- Register for the course at the prevailing price. Do not apply any discount coupons in this process.
- Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to apply your discount coupons to the current course.
- Within 1-2 weeks after registration closes, we will determine the total amount of your valid discount coupons, not to exceed the amount you paid for your registration. We will then issue you a refund in this amount, void the applied discount coupons, and confirm with you by email.